Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ejercitación para Previos de 8°. Deadline: May 26, 2012.

A)   Complete the text with the words in the box.

am – is – isn’t  – are.
Hi! My name ........... Bill. I ........... fourteen years old. I ........... from Kineton, in the United Kingdom. It ........... a big city. It ........... a small town. About two thousand people live here.
I ........... a student at Stratford Secondary School, and I ........... in year 9. My best friends ........... Tony and Jessica. They ........... in year 9, too. Tony ........... British, but Jessica ........... from the United States. My favourite teacher ........... Mr Booth. He ........... our music teacher. He ........... cool! He ........... a fantastic piano player. My favourite class ........... music. Music ........... interesting, but history lessons ........... boring. Our history teacher, Mrs Robinson, ........... very serious and strict.
My mum ........... from the United Kingdom. She ........... from Greece. Her name ........... Rita. My dad’s name ........... Colin. Dad ........... 40 years old, and mum ........... 38. I have got a  sister. Her name ........... Jane, and she ........... sixteen years old.
My favourite thing ........... a laptop computer. I ........... a football fan, too. My favourite team ........... Real Madrid. They ........... a Spanish team. They ........... great!

B)   Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?
1   Bill is British. __
2   Kineton is a big city. __
3   Jessica is in year 9. __
4   Mrs Robinson is a music teacher. __
5   Bill’s mum is Spanish. __
6   Real Madrid are a British football team. __
7   Bill’s favourite possession is his computer. __

C)   Correct the information.
Example: Bill is sixteen years old. Bill isn’t sixteen. Bill is fourteen years old.
1.    United Kingdom is a continent. ……………………………………………………..............................
2.    Music is boring. ……………………………………………………...............................
3.    Real Madrid is a basketball team. ……………………………………………………....................
4.    Jessica is his sister.  …..…………………………………………………....................
5.    His mother is British.   ……..………………………………………………....................

No comments:

Post a Comment